Department: Consulting Services
Reporting to: Consulting Services Director
Position Type: Full time
Travel Required: Up to 65%
The Consultant is primarily engaged on customer facing professional services engagements of low-to-medium complexity and focuses on technical aspects of project delivery (such as implementation and configuration with any related documentation).
The position requires an individual to apply a systematic consulting methodology for implementing IT solutions covering areas such as IT infrastructure, virtualization and/or networking technologies.
The Consultant shall continuously work on developing his professional skills and becoming proficient with the relevant technologies by attending trainings as well as using self-study materials.
The position requires a team player with good written and verbal communication skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Consultant works on customer facing consulting projects of low-to-medium complexity with responsibilities to deliver technical aspects of project implementation (i.e. deployment and configuration of software, hardware and networking components) with any related documentation. In a nutshell, a Consultant:
- Deploys/implements the relevant technologies in an enterprise environment.
- Documents project implementation activities, deployment steps and configuration settings.
- Performs on-site training or knowledge transfer sessions for customers on deployed technologies.
- Assists customers through the rollout or go-live phase for the newly deployed systems or environments.
- Provides remote technical support when not engaged on-site.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties that may include new software or hardware testing, quality assurance, or documentation.
- Project Execution – Being able to successfully execute assigned project tasks and produce the required deliverables while properly reporting progress and status
- Analysis & Design – being able to understand technical architecture documentation and to deploy the relevant environment including the necessary software and hardware according to the specifications defined in the architecture document(s) with minimal guidance and support from more senior team mates
- Problem Solving – being able to systematically solve technical issues thru the use of appropriate resources (knowledge base articles, whitepapers, technical manuals, etc…) and by seeking help from more experienced team members when necessary.
- Teamwork – being able to work mainly as part of a project team that might include other consultants, architects and/or project managers
- Accountability – developing a good understanding of the overall project scope and being responsible for performing his specific project tasks before the committed deadline while taking into consideration any dependency or impact on other team deliverables.
- Communication – Communicates clearly so that mutual understanding is achieved and reinforces verbal agreement in writing (such as confirmation emails ,etc…) and is receptive of input from the project manager or other senior project staff
- Talent Development – Is passionate about technology and is constantly willing to learn new products and technologies in a short time.
A Consultant must possess good knowledge for deploying or administering at least one of the following products or technologies:
- Infrastructure: Windows Server, Active Directory and Microsoft System Center.
- Messaging & Collaboration: Microsoft Exchange, Skype for Business (formerly Lync) and/or SharePoint.
- Virtualization: Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware vSphere, Citrix XenServer, Microsoft VDI, Citrix XenDesktop or VMware View.
- Storage: SAN and NAS, RAID configurations, Fiber Channel and iSCSI.
- Networking: routing and switching, VLANs, firewalls, network load balancing, SSL-VPNs and network appliances such as Cisco, Fortinet, F5 or Citrix.
A Consultant should ideally hold one of the below technology certifications:
- Microsoft Technology Associate – IT Infrastructure
- Citrix Certified Associate
- VMware Certified Associate
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
Qualifications & Education
- BS/BA in Computer Science or Information Systems from an accredited university (preferred) or equivalent field experience.
- 1-2 years of hands-on experience as a system administrator or implementation engineer.
- Systematic approach to problem solving.
- Positive customer service attitude with good soft skills.
- Good presentation and technical documentation skills.
- Wiling to travel up to 65% of the time.
- Fluent in English and Arabic, French is a plus