CODE provides desktop and application virtualization solutions from leading vendors such as Citrix and Microsoft that will transform Windows desktop delivery into an on-demand Desktop as a Service (DaaS) with an optimized user experience on any endpoint device including tablets and smartphones.
With the proliferation of computing devices, mobile workers now expect to be able to access their corporate desktops, applications and data from anywhere. With these new requirements, companies are challenged to provide secure remote access to corporate resources to a diverse number of user devices.
Desktop and application virtualization addresses these challenges by allowing organization to keep desktops, applications and data centralized in the datacenter while providing secure and controlled on-demand access to users anywhere, using any device and over any network.
CODE can help you deploy the following award winning desktop virtualization solutions:
Citrix XenDesktop delivers virtual Windows apps and desktops as secure mobile services while centralizing data and management in the datacenter. XenDesktop is much more than just a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) solution. In fact Citrix offers several “FlexCast” delivery models with XenDesktop, providing different capabilities for different use cases such as:
- Hosted shared desktops: with Citrix XenApp, multiple user desktops can be hosted on a single server-based operating system to provide a lower cost, high density solution.
- Pooled or dedicated hosted VDI: provides each user with a distinct desktop operating system.
- Streamed desktops: where Windows desktops are streamed over the network and run locally on the user’s desktop computer.
- Local VM: where Windows desktops can offline and locally on the client computer within the context of a client hypervisor while allowing for synchronization with the datacenter when a connection is available.
From the end-user device side, XenDesktop leverages Citrix Receiver, a universal client available for virtually any device (Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Chrome OS or Blackberry) and enables seamless access to the Windows apps and desktops hosted in the datacenter.
Microsoft Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
Microsoft VDI enables IT to deliver desktops and applications to users on a variety of devices in a cost-effective way using Windows Server 2012 R2 built-in features. Centralizing and controlling applications and data through a virtual desktop enables users to get their work done on their devices of choice while helping IT maintain compliance.
Microsoft offers IT pros flexibility in choosing the right mix of technologies to deliver a VDI solution so they can customize the implementation to meet their organization’s needs. IT pros can deploy the appropriate type of VDI solution for their users, all from a single Windows Server 2012 R2 platform that can host:
- Personal and pooled virtual machine desktops
- Session-based desktops
- RemoteApp programs